Saturday, February 2, 2008

About yours truly

Average looking guy, dark complexion, black hair with streaks of grey, 6 ft tall, medium build, intense eyes which look into your soul.

You want more?

Mid thirties, currently single, heavy smoker, occasional drinker, wannabe entrepreneur, willbe writer, IT professional trying out a new vocation at a non-IT company in Kolkata, WB, India.

Still more?

Been through a lot of tough times in my life, am in the middle of my toughest time after a massive personal disaster a few years back. Suffered a huge loss...loss of my self-confidence, self-esteem, lost my reputation, lost my ability to trust people, lost my faith in human nature, lost my friends/relatives, lost my job, lost a hellova lot of money. Basically everything I had slogged my ass off for 30-odd years to build with my own sweat and hard work.

Realized that in times of need, you get to know who are genuine people and who are fair weather friends.

I had a lot of resentment against the said fair weather friends for not being there when I needed them, even though I used to go out of my way to be there for them at the slightest hint of their needing me. But I realized that the resentment was holding me back from recovering and took a deliberate decision to climb out of the hole I had fallen in. I also realized that one is born alone and dies alone, everybody else in life are just co-passengers in the train of life.

So...I forgive you all who hurt me deliberately as well as unintentionally. You all meant a lot to me back in my yesteryears. However, now you don't and I cut myself from all strings of attachment with you.

But I make this promise to myself...I have struggled in the past and tasted the fruits of my labor even though during my struggles, I didn't see any light in the end of the tunnel. This is the biggest test of my life and a lot of times in the last few years I felt like it was all over. But now I realize that giving up would be the easiest thing to do. But I will not give up, I owe myself and my family that much.

Let life throw whatever else it can at me, I now have the belief that I can handle it.

I Will Not Give Up

I Will Not Quit

1 comment:

What's In A Name ? said...

You have an interesting blog.....and presumably a more interesting story to tell.

Cheers to your generosity and resilience.